On November 14-15, 2018 will be held national scientific conference "Khayyam’s word - connecting people"on Omar Khayyam’s 970th anniversary at the National Museum of Azerbaijan Literature of ANAS.
It should be noted that Omar Khayyam Nishapuri (1048-1131) is known not only as a Middle Eastern, but also as one of the peaks of world science and literature. He, as the outstanding astronomer and mathematician of his time, made significant discoveries and inventions in these fields of science.
O. Khayyam is one of the most well-known, read, published and translated classic of the Muslim East in the world. In his universal subjects, the rubais are an important spiritual bridge that brings people closer and praises human values.
Khayyam is always loved in Azerbaijan, the rubais have been translated into our language by poets of different generations, and research works on their creativity have been written. The first scene in the world about him was created by the great Azerbaijani playwright Hussein Javid in 1935.
- The literary heritage of Omar Khayami and rubais in the literature of the Near and Middle East;
- The lifestyle of Omar Khayyam and the principles of compiling the academic biographies of classics;
- The history of studying Omar Khayyam's creativity as a scientific research direction;
- Omar Khayyam's theme, idea, artistic features and problems of the theory of Eastern poetics;
- Translation of Omar Khayyam's rubai into the world languages and translation of the literary monuments of the Eastern peoples;
- Omar Khayyam's philosophical risales and the problems of the history of philosophical thought in the Near and Middle East peoples;
- Science and its scientific works in Omar Khayyam's rubais;
- Omar Khayyam's problems in miniature and medieval miniature art;
- Omar Khayyam's artistic copy in literature and art
Rules for theses:
- Text should be printed on A4 format (210x297 mm) white paper, stacked in the Microsoft Word for Windows editor (Times New Roman font - 12ppt, linear interval - 1.5);
- The text of thesis should be in English, up to two pages;
- At the beginning of the text, the name of the report in the large font should indicate the surname, name and patronymic of the author, the work place and the electronic address (all in small font) below.
Deadline for submission of thesis reports: October 10, 2018
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to choose the theses, make corrections in the text (without changing the overall content), and return the reports.
Contact the Organizing Committee:
Address: AZ1005, Istiglaliyyat Street, 53, Baku
Contact: (994 12) 492 31 79
©All rights are reserved. Citing to www.nizamimuseum.az is necessary upon using news.