Gold medal is annually awarded to citizens of AR and foreigners for basic and applied research results, works, inventions, discoveries, as well as for special merits in the development of science.
According with paragraph 2 of Decree of President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, from June 27, 2014 the authority of awarding the Gold Medal named after Nizami Ganjavi was transferred to Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS).
Competition is held in accordance with the "Rules of awarding by Gold Medal of Azerbaijan Republic named after Nizami Ganjavi" approved by the decision of Presidium of ANAS dated 18 February 2015.
Nominating can be put forward by the active and corresponding members of ANAS, scientific departments of ANAS, scientific councils of the research and higher educational institutions, scientific societies, as well as scientific councils under ministries and state committees.
Documents (2 copies, along with electronic version) for nominators should be submitted to Expert Commission (Baku city, Istiglaliyyat str., 30, room 502) until March 18, 2016.
- Submission on the candidate's nomination (common data on scientific activities of the nominee, and detail data on scientific and practical importance of scientific work submitted to the competition should be reflected in presentation);
- List of candidates’ approved scientific works;
- Personal card for staff accounting;
- 2 photos (6x9 cm.);
- Higher education, research and scientific names of certified copies of documents;
- Contact telephone numbers.
- Established by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan's state awards and other awards of the state, according to the authors of those studies are not allowed to be nominated for the awards named.
For more information, please refer to the Department of Education and Scienceof Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences.
Phone: (+994 12) 4925945;
©All rights are reserved. Citing to www.nizamimuseum.az is necessary upon using news.